On page 47 it talks about how God redeems us from our mistakes. I pray that is true. When I taught high school, I used to pray each morning that I would not make a mistake with some child and if I did I prayed that God would somehow use that mistake for good. I am sure that I was not always encouraging and up lifting to some students, especially if they were hard to like. And those students were probably the ones that needed the encouragement the most.
Something that I feel God has been trying to teach me lately is submission to authority even when I feel that what I am being asked to do is not something, in my opinion, that is wise. But the message I learned both from a Podcast of Andy Stanley and a sermon at church, was that we need to ask "Who not What". Because God has put those in authority over us, ultimately, we are submitting to God. And God has used "un-wise" decisions in history to bring about good (for instance even the decision to crucify a good person).
Do you struggle with the Authorities in your job or life?


No comments:
Post a Comment