On page 14 it states that "Every person, Christian and not-Christian alike, is a spiritual person with spiritual needs. Employees, clients and governing boards have spiritual needs God can meet through his servants in the workplace.
On page 15 it states that " Christian leaders who know God and who know how to lead in a Christian manner will be phenomenally more effective than even the most skilled and qualified leaders who lead without God
- If this is true than we should be able to influence our work and/or those in our life for the better and make our workplace succeed in a positive way
- If this is true than what I want is to learn what I can from this book how to integrate my life so that God can help me have an influence on those around me and ultimately make my life better too.
On pages 4 and 5 the book discusses how technology has not made it easier to do our jobs but harder,
- I hope that the book discusses this more so that I can learn how to tame technology.....
- or be reactive to the pressure that technology puts on me in a more positive and beneficial way that will enhance my relationships and not keep me so busy that the relationships suffer.
Finally, I hope as we read and discuss that we will all be able to share what is working for each of us individually, so that collectively we will all grow in our relationship with each other and also in our trust on and relationship with our creator.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI thought I had this down so that you could all comment, hopefully I have fixed it now
ReplyDeleteI am posting for Kristina Waggoner
ReplyDeleteI have only read the first chapter so far, thought it was good. I was struck by the scripture from Samuel. That these people had been personally blessed by God, and had a direct relationship with him thru his prophet Samuel, yet still didn't follow his teachings. And wanted something that they were told would not work for them. Made me think about how we can see his works in the world around us, and how easy it is for people to dismiss his teachings and his presence.
Kristina Waggoner
I am trying to get on from home,
ReplyDelete1st thing click on comments
2nd start typing in the Post a comment
3rd click on button "Post Comment"
It will then come up with "Please choose a profile"
Where it says "Comment as" use toggle switch to select a profile
I selected "Google account" because I have one perhaps you can create a Google account after selecting?
Select Post Comment and it will take you to a screen that you will need to sign on
On the upper right hand side of the screen it says
Sign in to Blogger with your
Account
Click on:
Don't have a Google Account?
Create an account now
You only need to do this once, when you have the next time you will just sign in with your email and password
Test
ReplyDeleteAfter I started reading my husband also picked it up and he is now reading it also. I can only believe that this will make us all better leaders.
ReplyDelete